Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome, Christianity and the Bible

First of all; welcome to my new blog. Here I will post my opinion on religion, politics, movies, video games, countries, celebrities and random things in life. Hopefully people will disagree with my opinion, if so, PLEASE comment - debate me, NOW!

So lets start with the first topic: Christianity and the Bible.
They believe that some all-mighty and all-knowing "God" came out of nowhere and created the earth in seven days. You can compare their God with Santa Claus. Both of them keeps a list of who's naughty and nice, they're all-knowing and omnipresent, both of them have long, white beard, parents usually teach their children about them, we sing songs about both of them, both have servants or helpers and they make NO SENSE IN ANY WAY. Last but not least; no one has evidence of their existence.

The Bible: Their holy book. No, I haven't read the Bible, but I did some research  yesterday, and here's what I found out: It's exactly like a fairy tale. Why? Take a look at this. There are 12 apostles, 12 is a "magic number" in this genre. God created the earth in 7 days, 7 is a magic number too. God is three (trinity); Father, Son and the Holy spirit, 3 is a magic number too. Jesus got up from the dead 3 days after he was buried. Usually in fairy tales there is helpers and opponents, like in the Bible. There is also a hero who gets tested by one or more trials (Jesus).

For me will the Bible always go under the genre fairy tale. If I should describe Christianity and the Bible with one word, it would be brain washing.

7 comments:

  1. Religion is faith.
    If you have it, you are religious
    If you don't have it, its because you lost it in either past experiences where you were let down, or you were disappointed in something.
    As you age the faith returns, although if it stays is up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It *is* brainwashing. Religion is something we are fed from birth. Forget that the only reason people can use as 'proof' is that there is an old book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with Kboy71, I never had "faith" because there is no god. I can't prove this of course, but nobody can prove there is a god either. Religion does serve a good purpose in society, though, it brings people together and strengthens the power of a government. Religion has become an excuse throughout history for the government to do whatever it pleases. So yes, a proper way to describe religion would be brain washing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, saying 'There is no god' is as foolish as saying 'There is a God'. Neither can be proven and thus makes both statements pretty irrelevant to begin with. And while I agree that the Bible is nothing more then a fairy tale that has been translated thousands of times and lost it's original content by a good margin, I can at least understand the concept of 'faith'.

    There are atrocities commited by 'god' in the bible that make terrorist attacks look like peaceful picknics;

    - EX 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt.
    - EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
    - JG 20:43-48 The Israelites smite 25,000+ "men of valor" from amongst the Benjamites, "men and beasts and all that they found," and set their towns on fire.

    And I can go on...

    I am not religious. Period. I don't need the comfort of believing that everything happens for a reason. But there are people who find great comfort with this and if that's what they wish in life, so be it.

    I should stop typing now or I'll reach some sort of character limit, I'm sure :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...this will get heated...


    *grab popcorn*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read The God Delusion.. but brain washing are 2 words xD

    ReplyDelete